Tuesday, May 17, 2011

3 Body Washes and 3 Deodorants for $1 at Walgreens

Walgreens is having a great sale this week on Gillette products. Body wash for men is on sale 3/$10. Buy 3 body washes and 3 deodorants.

Use 3 $2 off Gillette body wash coupons
Use 3 Buy a body wash, get a deodorant free coupons
Final price $4 and earn a $3 RR

Also scotch tape is buy 1 roll get 2 rolls free (with the coupon from their sales ad). The cost is $1.99 for 3 rolls. Use 3 $1 off ip coupons to get all 3 rolls free + $1 overage (may vary, Walgreen's doesn't technically do overages!)

I bought the tape, body wash and deodorant all in 1 transaction and got the overage. I used a RR from last week, paid 43 cents and got another $3 RR.

A few notes about this deal: I'm not sure it matters what order you give the coupons in but I gave the $2 off body wash before the free deodorant coupon and the $1 off coupons before the Walgreens coupon. Also GOOD LUCK finding the body wash. I lucked out and was able to get the last 3 bottles they had at the Walgreens near my work but when I stopped at a second one, they were sold out. I imagine they are gone or almost gone at most stores. I really wish they would order more than just a handful of sales items each week as bare shelves are an ongoing problem at Walgreens. Remember you can get a raincheck but if you aren't able to find them in stock before the sale ends, you won't get the $3 RR so you will pay the full $4 for 6 items which is still not a bad deal but as often as free deodorant and body wash is available, it may be better to catch the next sale IMO!

Also the cashier gave me a bit of a hard time about using both the BOGO free coupons and the $2 off coupons. This is where having a copy of the coupon policy is SO handy. I pulled it out and showed it to her where it plainly states that 2 coupons may be used on BOGO free items as long as the total does not go below zero. There is another place in the policy that states 1 mq may be used PER ITEM being purchased. I explained that one coupon was paying for the deodorant and 1 coupon was going toward the body wash. She agreed and let me use them and the register had no problem with both q's. I was prepared to ask for the manager tho. They may not like it, but they can't dispute their own policy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment