Thursday, April 28, 2011

$1.65 Feeds A Family of 6 :)

I am so excited about the dinner I made tonight that I just had to share! We had BBQ Ribs cooked on the grill, mashed potatos, mac & cheese and pinto beans, enough for 6 people, and for a total cost of $1.65. Whoohoo!!

THAT is what coupons can do for you. Here is how I did it...

I had a coupon for $2.00 off a pack of ribs when you buy a bottle of BBQ Sauce. I used a coupon I had for BBQ sauce to get it for just $0.95 and then still got $2.00 off the ribs. I found a pack of ribs that had been reduced for quick sale (no big deal since we made them today and I bought them today) so the ribs were free. I used some mac & chesse that I got for $0.25 per box, the mashed potatos were free with a coupon and the pintos were on sale BOGO free so I got them for $0.45. I don't think a meal has ever tasted so good!

AND the tale of a couponer's daughter...

My 3 year old asked me if she can have a quarter. I assumed she wanted it for her piggy bank because when she is good, she gets to put coins in there. She had been very good today so I gave it to her, then I see her go over to my binder and pull out a coupon. She brings the coupon and the quarter to me and says "Mommy can we go to the store and buy something now." I told her yes but only if she would pose for a picture. LOLOLOLOL she's truly a girl after my own heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment