Friday, April 22, 2011

Maximize Your Savings

Learn how to use coupons effectively to get the most for your money. If you have a coupon for 50 cents off cereal and you don't need cereal this week, hold on to your coupon and see if it goes on sale. If your cereal is normally $2.50 and you use your coupon, you only saved 50 cents but if the cereal goes on sale for $1.50 and you use your coupon, you just saved $1.50 (or $2.00 if your store doubles!).

I'm going to list a few examples of how I maximized my savings recently.
  • CVS has aquafresh toothpaste and toothbrushes for $2.89 each. I had 10 coupons for these items (5 for toothpaste and 5 for toothbrushes). I waited until they went on sale for 5/$5 and used all 10 of my coupons to get 5 of each item free.
  • Walgreens had Splenda on sale for $2.99. I had 5 coupons for $3 off any Spenda product. If you bought 4 or more of any Spenda product you got a $4 register reward good on your next purchase of anything in the store. I bought 5 boxes of Splenda, used my 5 coupons to make them free AND earned a $4 reward. We don't use Splenda so I donated the boxes to my church which provides breakfast quite often and I can write off the full price of the Splenda (3.99 x 5 = $19.95) on my taxes as a charitable contribution. I also earned my $4 register reward just for buying it!
  • Colgate toothpaste was on sale 2/$6 and I had 2 coupons for $1.00 off Colgate. If you bought 2 or more you got a $4 reward. I bought it at 2/$6 and used my 2 coupons of $1 off which brought my total down to $4. I then used the $4 reward I had earned from the Splenda to make my total zero and earned another $4 reward! It is valid for a few weeks so I'm holding onto it to see what other items I can buy next week to earn even more rewards. This process can go on indefinitely!
  • Rite Aid had a BOGO free sale on Air Wick air freshener and I had 7 coupons for BOGO free. I got 14 cans of air freshener and used my 7 coupons and combined with the store sale I just paid .98 cent in tax.

Shop smart!! I will update my blog often to alert you of these sales so you too can save money and earn free products!

No comments:

Post a Comment